Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ok, here's what happened:

DELTA Tucson - Atlanta = 2 hours late

Missed PARIS Flight by 20 minutes, but via benevolent ticket goddess, I learn what comes with being in a wheelchair: FIRST IN LINE EVERYWHERE!

Delta sucked big time. Hundreds (not kidding) of passengers were lined up at the CS station, lines looped all through the taped lines and down the hall.

Cripples go first. Talk about cutters! I was wheeled straight to the front of the line! After this old chick in a WC.

So I had the brilliant idea (actually, one of my "pushers" told me this great idea) to go to LONDON and over to PARIS. Brilliant! I'd be here at 6:00!

The London flight was delayed 2 hours, WHICH WAY OK BECAUSE I HAD 2 hours to take off for PARIS!!!!!

It's amazing how idiotic anal and asinine planes are. LONDON flight was delayed because of a toilet problem.

But the LONDON-PARIS flight took the prize: we were waiting for a piece of luggage (remember that), there was a "small" maintenance problem, a light bulb blew on the runway.

We took off about 7pm. Called Olivier my landlord that I'd be there as soon as I got my luggage and contacted Paris Blue shuttle.

You've already guessed, right? Yeah, they lost my luggage.

Or rather it took the flight I turned down, a night at a hotel and the same flight I missed. I was already in London by the time my luggage took the later flight.

I wanted to run screaming to the ticket counter to go "home" which is a storage locker in Tucson. Damn! I was off my meds too!

Here's why:

The luggage was found, Air France would deliver it, I got 100. euros to spend on new clothes (I don't even had underwear) AND

AND

AND

The Paris Blue shuttle came at 10pm (or sometime after) and I was treated to the MOST AMAZING and DARING drive down the cobbled streets of PARIS, harepin turns, nimble pedestrians... it was fabulous! ALL IN THE DARK!

It's a flicking beautiful city. Colors are more themselves and then some. Blue lights reverberate. Every store has huge windows, walls of windows instead of brick and mortar.

What a fab place!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment